SAVE THE DATE
2019 Safari Sarasota Events (October 24 - 26, 2019)
- NEW! Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019 - A Conversation with Boyd Varty
- Gifted storyteller, life coach, wildlife and literacy activist Boyd Varty, author of soon-to-be-released The Lion Trackers Guide To Life, will share lessons learned from the South African bush in an engaging and educational presentation. (Daytime event)
- Thursday, Oct. 24 - Interactive Cooking Dinner
- Join us for an evening of South African food and friends featuring award-winning South African wines, an interactive safari-inspired dining experience with Africa’s top safari lodge chef, and a celebration of the All Heart Fund, a Sarasota-based initiative that is delivering education technology to rural, low-income South African school children.
- Friday, Oct. 25 - Bush Wine Dinner
- A magical evening under the banyans awaits you at Marie Selby Gardens, as Chef Anna presents a traditional South African bush dinner perfectly paired with South African wines.
- Saturday, Oct. 26 - South African Wine Tasting
- A casual, walk-about tasting with prized wines from Cape Winelands. The perfect finish to Safari Sarasota.
Safari Sarasota 2019 - FAQ’s
Q: What is Safari Sarasota?
A: Safari Sarasota is a series of events inspired by the Gulf Coast Connoisseur Club travels through South Africa and a passion to support digital learning in rural areas of South Africa.
These events are unlike any other in the county. Safari Sarasota brings people from all over the world together to learn about South African culture while supporting digital literacy in rural South Africa. Special guests Chef Anna Ridgewell from South Africa’s Londolozi Game Reserve and Wildlife/Literacy Activist, Boyd Varty will be traveling to Sarasota to support Safari Sarasota and the All Heart Fund.
Q: When is Safari Sarasota?
A: Safari Sarasota is a series of events that run the weekend of October 24th through October 26th.
Q: Who does Safari Sarasota Support?
A: Safari Sarasota events benefit the All Heart Fund, which was created in honor of Leanna Knopik, a 16-year-old Sarasota native who passed away almost a year after visiting some of South Africa’s most remote communities. It was Leanna’s dream to support children and education in South Africa and over the last two years, the All Heart Fund, in partnership with the Good Work Foundation, has provided digital literacy access to over 1,500 South African school children per week.
Q: Where should I stay when visiting?
A: We are pleased to share our host properties offering special accommodations rates through the weekend of Safari Sarasota 2019.
Mention “Safari Sarasota” and secure your room reservation now: