Our legendary Michael’s Events & Catering operation is seeking the ideal candidate to join the dynamic and fast-paced environment. This key position will work closely with Co-Proprietor Philip Mancini as his right hand, in a role which serves a variety of private client events and corporate functions while also supporting dozens of nonprofit causes each year through the organization of fundraising galas, luncheons and special events.
A Catering Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing management with administrative support including, typing, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, maintaining appointment calendar, updating banquet event orders and other general office duties. The ideal candidate is service oriented, self-motivated, even tempered, approachable and flexible.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
The hiring timeframe will be swift for this key position at Michael’s On East. Be sure to submit your application materials now. Please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Partners with the Catering sales staff to ensure clients’ needs are met, completes assigned tasks.
- Updates banquet event orders and calls in changes.
- Gathers all pertinent information for meetings.
- Ensures calendars/schedules are accurate, up to date.
- Monitors deadlines and follows-up to ensure guarantees & payments are timely.
- Distributes all information gathered on meetings, banquets and special events to staff.
- Completes & issues required correspondence thank you notes, notices, memos, etc.
- Checks-in linen orders.
- Ensures each Catering file is complete/accurate and submits to Accounting accurate final billings the day following an event.
- Strong telephone etiquette and shows genuine care and concern for customer’s needs.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings.
- Completes assigned special projects.
- Reports to work on time and in professional business attire.
- Coordinates tastings for prospective clients & show table mock-ups.
- Inputs BEOs for tastings and amenities.
- Organizes sales collateral, menus and office supplies; ensuring adequate inventories
- Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment. Maintains files and equipment in an orderly and professional manner.
- Uses the property’s email system and maintains their email box, as is policy. Additionally, this position may or may not have access and/or control over the email box of Phil Mancini.
- Greets internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner. Announces visitors and/or handles requests, as appropriate.
- Ensure load sheets are copied.
- Keep linen orders up-to-date.
- Keeps catering menus current and in File Maker Pro.
- Looks up the availability of spaces on and off property so there are no conflicts.
- Posts function sheets downstairs one day prior to events.
- Workday is 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM (30 minutes for lunch).
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Additional training and education is highly desirable.
- Requires 1 year administrative support experience.
- Experience with Apple IOS.
- Previous File Maker Pro experience preferred
- Previous work experience should include working in a high-volume environment
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read, listen and communicates effectively in English and in writing, using correct grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
- Prepare official correspondence on behalf of management for both external and internal communications verbally and in writing.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and continuously perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to type 45 wpm.
- Ability to effectively transcribe information from handwritten memos and recordings.
Michael’s On East is a contemporary fine dining restaurant featuring an extraordinary supper club atmosphere, inspired cuisine and an intimate piano bar. Founded on April 27, 1987, Michael’s On East is located at 1212 East Avenue South in Midtown Plaza, the iconic restaurant is open for lunch 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday, open for dinner 6 p.m. to close Monday through Thursday and 5:30 p.m. to close on Friday and Saturday. The restaurant is closed on Sundays, with the exception of Easter and Mother’s Day each year. The establishment is the winner of the 2009 Fine Dining Hall of Fame, and received their 26th consecutive AAA Four-Diamond Award in 2015.
Michael’s On East Catering is Sarasota’s premiere caterer creating memorable events from candlelit dinners for two to dazzling galas for 1,000.
Michael’s Wine Cellar hosts more than 1,000 International estate-bottled wines including more than 200 Domaine wines under $20, boutique spirits and craft beers. Michael’s Wine Cellar is open Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.